Ceramic tile sizing questions

Old 07-15-07, 04:31 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceramic tile sizing questions

Hi,
Just wondering if there's a rule of thumb for choosing ceramic tiles based on flooring size? I plan on laying tile in a very small master bath, approximately 4'x5', are 6"x6" tiles the ones I should be looking at?
I've also seen the ones that are 12x12 but are actually sectioned into 4 pieces with a small diamond in the middle, those look like they would be handy too.
Thanks for any help.
Lou.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-07, 07:05 PM
S
I like the 12X12 look myself, but that's just me. It's really a matter of taste. The only thing I'd stay away from in a space that size is the really big tiles. I've done small baths with them and they just look wrong for some reason. Again, that's just my taste. You might like that look.

Old 07-16-07, 05:31 AM
M
Originally Posted by Smokey49 View Post
I like the 12X12 look myself, but that's just me. It's really a matter of taste. The only thing I'd stay away from in a space that size is the really big tiles. I've done small baths with them and they just look wrong for some reason. Again, that's just my taste. You might like that look.
I'd prefer to use the 12x12 so I could do less cuts and have easier grouting but I would've thought with a bathroom as small as this that a 12x12 might look out of place.
Appreciate the thoughts.
Lou

Old 07-16-07, 06:44 AM
S
Actually, no, they don't. I haven't seen tiles smaller than that used on any floor in quite a while. I put the six by sixes on walls a lot, but they normally want the twelve or thirteens on the floor and they look fine. It's sixteens or bigger that don't look so hot in that small an area.

Old 07-16-07, 11:47 AM
H
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I agree with Smokey. 12" x 12"s will look good in that size bathroom. If you go smaller think about going diagonal.