Tile half wall in shower

Old 02-23-08, 09:39 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile half wall in shower

I have a new shower in my recently finished basement that will have a half wall between the shower and the sink. There will be glass on this wall. The shower side of the half wall is cement board, but it is possible that the top ledge is drywall.

Should I bring the glass flush with the shower wall so that no water leaks down into the wall? Would it be possible to coat the top with a waterproofing membrane, and then tile with a slope so that I could have a ledge for shampoo (making the window flush with the sink side)? Note that the ledge is opposite the shower head and about 4' away.

Thanks!
~john

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-08, 06:53 AM
H
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
John

Just wanna make sure I understand you. You have a half framed wall and you will be putting glass on top of the half wall to keep water in the shower. Whether its drywall or cement board you should cover it with a membrane like redgard and yes have a little pitch toward the shower on the top of the wall. Just enough so the water runs back into the shower and doesnt lay up against the glass. Depending on where you position the glass panel you could indeed have a ledge for shampoo.