Slate

Old 03-12-08, 05:24 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Slate

I'm in the process of renovation (actually almost the end), I had a slate floor put down in my kitchen, the contractor has now sealed it. All I see is brush marks throughout the whole kitchen (there were also puddles of sealer which I cleaned up) , it looks horrible. The contractor said the streaks and brush marks would go away after mopping, I tried a damp cloth on some of the streaks, the streaks are still there. I'm sick over this....any comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-08, 06:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nonsense, those marks won't go away, that is buildup of the sealer and once it is allowed to dry it would be very difficult to simply remove with a mop. Is the surface smooth or cleaved?

Old 03-12-08, 07:57 PM
C
It is far from smooth....cleaved I would say....what am I to do....thanks for your help...

Old 03-19-08, 04:25 PM
T
Get this clown back to fix it.

Or, you will need a stone restoration contractor to fix it, they make sealer removers or find out exactly what product was used, sometimes going over a bad area with fresh sealer might help it, but rare.

In any case, you shouldn't be the one that has to run around spending what will be a large expense to rectify the situation, good luck.