Can't match floor tile, any sites with ideas?

Old 04-12-08, 08:57 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't match floor tile, any sites with ideas?

I'm having a tub put in where an old shower and small square tub once were. I plan to move the entire bathroom in 4-5 years, so I didn't want to replace the entire bathroom floor.

I would love to find the old tile, but I can't so far....someone old me it might be old "Pomona tile." It's from the 40s or 50s. Any ideas or suggestions for sites where I can look at projects where people have used a contrasting or similar tile? thanks.

Old 04-12-08, 10:06 AM
B
No perfect options.

First let me say how sorry I am for you having to try to match a tile color like that, much less come up with some sort of a contrast color that would look half decent. If you're puting in a free standing footed tub, then you may just want to fill it in with a white tile, with small squares of a blue tile (that is close enough) scattered throughout the field. The picture frame pattern on the floor is a separation point that you will have to work with. If the tub is a built in, I would say do the same thing, maybe forgo the blue tile match alltogether. White tile can be had as cheap as possible, and can be found all day long.

Old 04-12-08, 01:47 PM
K
good idea

I think what I might wind up doing is a white, maybe speckled tile about the built in tub. The skinnier floor tile shown in the photo will be coming up, so maybe I can clean those and reuse them (I hear that's difficult) in a pattern around the tub or do a line of the new tile on the wall around the tub to make it blend in. Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by bjames9196 View Post
First let me say how sorry I am for you having to try to match a tile color like that, much less come up with some sort of a contrast color that would look half decent. If you're puting in a free standing footed tub, then you may just want to fill it in with a white tile, with small squares of a blue tile (that is close enough) scattered throughout the field. The picture frame pattern on the floor is a separation point that you will have to work with. If the tub is a built in, I would say do the same thing, maybe forgo the blue tile match alltogether. White tile can be had as cheap as possible, and can be found all day long.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: