Need Help Removing Thompson's Water Seal

Old 04-20-08, 08:50 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Need Help Removing Thompson's Water Seal

Hello! Here is the crazy situation and it's similar to the question being asked, expect I'm not happy with the outcome. Our Shower Pan is leaking and we were told to water seal under the house, until we can take the entire shower out and redo it. My mom tells my dad this and he volunteers to do the project while I'm away. I come home and the inside of my shower has been watersealed, all over the tile and grout! I can't believe this. Not only does it stink, it's sticky and slippery inside the shower. Is there anyway I can remove this or am I stuck with it until I tear out my shower? I get out of the shower and my feet are all stick and I track it around the house. I can't believe they did this!

Old 04-20-08, 12:56 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Pardon me while I laugh. Reminds me of a paint job my dear old dad did many years ago.

If dad still has the can, see what it says about cleanup. Fortunately most is on non porous surfaces and can probably be cleaned up with a solvent or paint stripper. The grout is another story. It may remain discolored after cleanup.

Check with a paint store - not a big box store - and see what they recommend.

Old 04-20-08, 02:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 426 Votes on 381 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

You should be able to remove the majority of it with paint thinner and a LOT of elbow grease. Be sure to dispose of the rags properly - not inside!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: