Finding Discontinued Ceramic tile

Old 04-26-08, 11:19 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finding Discontinued Ceramic tile

I need to replace a number of ceramic tiles in my kitchen and I cannot find the tile anywhere in the Cleveland, Ohio area where I have checked. Does anyone know where I can go - physically or online -- to find discontinued ceramic tile? I bellieve the maker is Porcelanna (sp?).

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-08, 03:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello,

You can find a good selection of porcelana tile here
http://shopping.msn.com/results/floo...rand:Porcelana

If you don't have any luck with that, do you have a sample you can take to the tile store? They may have a database to help you locate your tile.

Connie

PS. I always buy one extra case of tile, in the unhappy event I should need to replace a couple.

Old 04-26-08, 05:44 PM
H
Connie: I have tried taking a sample tile to a variety of stores and none can come close to matching it. They all say it is no longer produced. I was hoping someone would know a distributor who may deal in discontinued tile. Thanks for the site. I will try it to see what is available but I cannot get any pictures of the tile on screen.

Old 04-26-08, 06:54 PM
T
Finding a discontinued tile is like looking for a needle in a haystack. You are likely not the original homeowner. But, advice to those who install tile is to make sure you order a little extra and save just in case there is a problem in the future.

You do not state why you need to replace a few tiles. If tiles are cracked due to movement and deflection in tile, any tile with which you replace those will succumb to the same problems. Cracked tiles are an indication of underlying issues and/or faulty installation.

Old 04-27-08, 04:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Try this site...I think if anyone may be able to find it, this is a good bet. It's one price if you know the name and style of your tile, and it's more expensive if you don't.

http://www.thisoldtile.com/howto.html

Connie

Old 04-27-08, 09:11 AM
H
Thanks, Connie. I will give that site a try. If they cannot find a match, it is probably a lost cause.

Old 01-03-10, 05:58 PM
R
Discontinued Flooring

There is a site called DiscontinuedFloors.com anyone can post a free wanted ad, and people buy and sell discontinued flooring of all kinds.