corner problem

Old 07-21-08, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
corner problem

Hey gang, long time do it yourselfer who is helping a friend remodel his bathroom. His new wife decided she wanted a full tile shower. So we did all the pre-tiling work, pre slope base, liner, deck mud tile base and have tiled the floor.

So far so good, checked the intergity or the shower base system, test ran it at each step for water tightness, etc. Now have hit the first major problem.

We are ready for tiling and when i was doing the dry fit, found a nasty surprise. the front outside corner is way out of square. I guess my supervision slipped somewhat, as I let him attach the concrete board to the wall. I hit with the level, but apparently just checked square half way up. I dont think we got the liner tucked in the corner right. I did not notice how out of it the bottom of the corner was. Of course found out quick when I went to dry fit the tile.

So now at the bottom the vertical grout line will run down to nothing and look stupid. Any hints on how I can make some sort of reasonable fix without having to tear everything out?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-08, 05:56 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
kylawyer

You need to notch the studs in the corners to accomate the folds of the pan liner. You could also fir out all the studs 1/4" above the pan liner.

If you dont want to fix it right, then cut your tile accordingly. It will be noticeable however.