tile polish ? and

Old 07-27-08, 07:39 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tile polish ? and

the tile that i have is kinda dull. when i was wiping the grout off, the water made it shinny = looked pretty good. is there some kind of polish i can wipe on to shine it up a little ?

what does grout sealer do ? i think i know, but i'm asking anyway.

tia

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-08, 08:11 PM
J
It's impossible to help you without knowing what type of tiles you have. Give us specifics please.

Everything is shinier and also darker when wet. So you're saying you selected the wrong tiles?

There are all types of sealers designed to give various results. More on that later.

Jaz

Old 07-28-08, 06:31 PM
C
its ceramic tile.... well, i wouldn't say "wrong", as it was pretty much the only pattern i liked (not including real stones). i would just like it to have a little shine, if possible.

Old 07-28-08, 08:12 PM
J
You say it's ceramic, could be, but it looks like porcelain tile from here. That's why I asked if you could be specific.

Please double check, it makes a difference. It also makes a difference if it's unglazed or if it's glazed. Remember, it can be 'glazed' and dull at the same time.

If by chance it's unglazed porcelain, you can apply a topical finish to give it a level of sheen. But if you do that, you'll want to apply on a regular basis.

Jaz

Old 07-29-08, 12:53 AM
once you apply finish to ceramic or porcelain tile you have made your bed..like said above you would have to keep applying to maintain the sheen...everntually its going to look patchy and need stripped off....this can be a pain if not done for an extended period of time

my suggestion would be to live with the tile as is..and seal the grout or pick a flooring that would give you more of a sheen without the pain

Old 07-29-08, 07:41 PM
C
ok, guys. thanx. i don't want high maintenance. i'l live with it.