cleaning grout...finally, problem solved.

Old 12-05-08, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down cleaning grout...finally, problem solved.

Hi,
I had total kitchen remodel done in Nov '07, including new kitchen tile with 1/4" white sanded grout. The grout quickly became dirty and dark. NOONE has been able to offer an easy solution to cleaning the grout. Grout cleaners at a tile store, Home Depot did squat. On a previous post of mine, someone suggested I take some 220 grit sandpaper and using a pencil with it, sand the top layer of dirty grout. I tried this and realized that this would be a major project.

Tonight, some salesguy came by with a product called Tufstuff (tufsuffusa.com). It worked like a charm. I bought a gallon jug of it for $70.

Now...either I have a great solution, or I got majorly ripped off...but I SAW how quickly it worked.

The reason I'm posting this is to see if anyone else has used this prodcut; and what you think of it.

Many thanks, as usual.

Majac777 (Andy)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-08, 07:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Never heard of the stuff, but glad it worked out for you. Has the grout been sealed with a quality sealer? Sealer will make cleaning alot easier.

Old 12-06-08, 08:17 AM
No, unfortunately I never sealed it; but i plan to clean it with this new stuff; let it dry, then apply a grout sealer. I should never have used white grout.

Thanks for your reply. Majac777