how to seal floor tile next to shower

Old 04-20-09, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to seal floor tile next to shower

Just completed a rough in basement bath room. My next project after the drywall is to tile the floor which I have not done before. I believe I can do it OK but am wondering what product to you use next to the shower to seal the crack?

Also do you recommend installing the tiles in a straight line or off set them by 1/2 of a tile so you do not have a straight line.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Harlan

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-09, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
<<am wondering what product to you use next to the shower to seal the crack?>> Not sure what you mean. Do you mean the space between the floor tile and the shower curb? If so, then obtain a caulk from the grout manufacturer. Use that to fill the space. Don't use grout.

<< Also do you recommend installing the tiles in a straight line or off set them by 1/2 of a tile so you do not have a straight line>>
That's an esthetic's question. There is no "right" layout. Do a dry run of the tile using a variety of layouts. Be aware that some patterns require a lot more cutting than other layouts and may also require a greater number of tiles due to a higher waste amount. Choose the one most pleasing to you. Get ideas and suggestions from magazines, friends or the tile dealer.