Tiling a bath floor.

Old 09-30-09, 06:45 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tiling a bath floor.

I am tiling a small bath floor. I have the backerboard down and now and am going to use the fiberglass tape at the seams with the adhesive. Do I shove the adhesive between the joints and do I let it dry before I start to tile and if so for how long? Next ?. I have a 2 foot long area where the backerbord seam will be directly underneath the tile grout line, is that bad?I laid the tile out and it works out perfectly except for that one area. Also how long do I let the newly laid tile dry before I grout. The tile is porcelain, 12 x 12. Any advice will be appreciated! I hope to do this tomorrow!

Old 09-30-09, 07:38 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Hi Valarie,

OK, the CBU is down. Did you set it into fresh thin set mortar and screwed it? What specific adhesive do you have to finish the job?

You can tape the seams as you're tiling as you said. Fill the joints, apply the tape using a 6" wide putty knife, then carefully spread the thin set for the tiles with your trowel.

There won't be a seam under those joints cuz you're going to fill and tape the joint of the board. Anyway, the filled/taped joints will be stronger that the rest of the board....probably.

Grout the next day, 16 hours in plenty of time under most conditions if using "real" thin set mortar.

Please report back what you're using for adhesive.

Jaz

Old 10-02-09, 12:17 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Also, be sure you use alkali resistant tape in wet areas (bathrooms). see this:

Ceramic Tile on Interior Floors

and

http://www.floorstransformed.com/cer...-no-12612.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title: