Slippery shower floor tile

Old 03-01-00, 09:31 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question

Can't match 40 year old tile in shower. Need to replace floor and 2 tiles up (replacing shower pan). Using a different color. Considering high gloss 4 inch tiles so there are only two different tiles in the tiny shower. Any way to make them less slippery?

Old 03-01-00, 02:45 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I'm sure there's a solution for this problem. I'm going to move your question over to ceramic tile......

Ted

Old 03-02-00, 01:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Even though your shower area is small you will still have to step in and out. For your own safety please consider using either an abrasive tile, (abrasive mixture, particles,or grooves) or smaller tile, 1" x 1" or 2" x 2". These smaller tiles are ussally 'mounted tiles' assembled into units or sheets 1' x 2' and are very easy to install.

Old 03-12-00, 09:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I use a product called secure step to slipproof tiles, steel tubs and concrete floors. It is a three part process that is unnoticable until it is in contact with water. It is a professional process and is also known as slip-safe. It is an excellent way to go if you have a certain tile color or pattern picked out that cannot be found in a slipproof tile. You will need to check around to see if there is a company that does it near you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: