Adhesive for Bathtub Fixture

Old 06-04-00, 07:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I have finished the tile in my bathtub, but I have had the most difficult time installing the soapdish. I originally used mastic, but when I tool the tape off after 48 hours, it fell off and broke. So I purchased a second soapdish and tried an epoxy, but that didn't hold either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to install a soapdish in a bathtub shower.... This is the last part of renovating the whole bathroom area. Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-00, 11:29 PM
Visiting Guest
The epoxy was a good choice but you must use a two part epoxy that resembles a putty like substance. But just before you glue it to the tile MARK the area where it will be attached. Apply a small amount of Armour GLASS etching cream to the tile surface. You can get it at HOBBY LOBBY or MICHAELS CRAFTS.
Most Arts and Crafts shops know what it is.
The etching cream will degloss the tile and make it dull. Wipe the tile with ALCOHOL to remove any residue. This process will a mechanical bond as the epoxy will have a surface to grab.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiernosc:
I have finished the tile in my bathtub, but I have had the most difficult time installing the soapdish. I originally used mastic, but when I tool the tape off after 48 hours, it fell off and broke. So I purchased a second soapdish and tried an epoxy, but that didn't hold either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to install a soapdish in a bathtub shower.... This is the last part of renovating the whole bathroom area. Help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>