Subflooring

Old 06-29-00, 08:27 AM
Visiting Guest
We are building a new house and are doing a lot of the work ourselves. We plan to have some ceramic tile, some carpet and some hardwood. How should the subfloors be prepared for these surfaces to meet properly in situations where carpet will meet tile or hardwood. Should the subfloors be even or should one be higher or lower than the other? For example, with a tile floor after you install the cement board and the tile it will be quite a bit higher than the subfloor for the carpet. Should the subfloor for the carpet be built up to the same level as the cement board or how should this be handled? This is my question. I hope someone can help me.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-00, 09:11 AM
Visiting Guest
You never said what the sub floor surface is.
Do you have a Concrete foundation or what?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
We are building a new house and are doing a lot of the work ourselves. We plan to have some ceramic tile, some carpet and some hardwood. How should the subfloors be prepared for these surfaces to meet properly in situations where carpet will meet tile or hardwood. Should the subfloors be even or should one be higher or lower than the other? For example, with a tile floor after you install the cement board and the tile it will be quite a bit higher than the subfloor for the carpet. Should the subfloor for the carpet be built up to the same level as the cement board or how should this be handled? This is my question. I hope someone can help me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>