installing ceramic soapdish and corner shelf

Old 07-25-00, 12:05 PM
Visiting Guest
I am tiling my shower and want to install a ceramic corner shelf and soapdish. Should I just use the mastic to adhere them to the durock or some other adhesive? Both pieces have a rough back on them similar to a piece of tile and are made to be set between tiles not on top of them. The second problem is the corner where I want to put the corner shelf is not perfectly square. If I put the shelf square with one side, it leaves a 1/4" gap from the Durock to the shelf back on the outermost edge of the opposite side. Am I able to fill this gap with adhesive or should I just forget about the corner shelf?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-00, 06:41 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brettr:
I am tiling my shower and want to install a ceramic corner shelf and soapdish. Should I just use the mastic to adhere them to the durock or some other adhesive? Both pieces have a rough back on them similar to a piece of tile and are made to be set between tiles not on top of them. The second problem is the corner where I want to put the corner shelf is not perfectly square. If I put the shelf square with one side, it leaves a 1/4" gap from the Durock to the shelf back on the outermost edge of the opposite side. Am I able to fill this gap with adhesive or should I just forget about the corner shelf?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is a website that can answer your question,ask the tile man at www.customtile.cc

Old 07-26-00, 08:28 AM
Visiting Guest
I just bought both of these items last night. The directions on the package say to use thinset.

Isn't anyone else annoyed by the tile man?

Old 07-26-00, 11:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks, John, the pieces I bought didn't have instructions. And yes, I am annoyed by tile man. The point of asking a question here is to get an answer here, not to have every question directed to someone else's website.