ceramic tile around tub

Old 07-28-00, 08:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am re-tiling my bathroom with ceramic tile and, after laying out some sample tile, discovered my tub enclosure does not appear to be square. How do I combat this after starting at a square wall ?

Old 07-28-00, 01:32 PM
Visiting Guest
I don't know if I can be of any help since the job has started. I run into out of square rooms all the time - actually, I have never seem one that is perfectly square. You could cheat on your grout joints a little but it will look like a bad job. What I do is square up with the most prominent wall in the room and work from there. You have got to square with something and make it what catches your eye.

Another suggestion would be to run the tiles on a diagonal which makes for a interesting floor - it looks good. You could also lay the tiles in a brick pattern i.e. the grout joints would not line up but in one direction.

Old 07-31-00, 06:03 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by diy-hacker:
I am re-tiling my bathroom with ceramic tile and, after laying out some sample tile, discovered my tub enclosure does not appear to be square. How do I combat this after starting at a square wall ? <HR>

This website can help you
www.askthetileman.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: