uneven concrete floor

Old 07-27-00, 10:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Help! We have decided to put ceramic floor tiling in our rec room and we have already purchased the tiles. Now that I have pulled up the old carpeting, I have found the concrete slab floor is uneven, with gradual rises and dips that vary as much as 1"-2" from high to low points. The floor seems to be roughly "bowl shaped" with the highest points around the edges. The room is 15 x 21. What is the best way to level out an uneven floor?

Old 07-27-00, 08:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Visit your local tile store - Florida Tile and Dal Tile are experts in their fields and located in most large cities. There are many self-leveling products available, as well as other products. They will be able to point to the right product for your job.

Old 07-31-00, 06:10 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by PVT:
Help! We have decided to put ceramic floor tiling in our rec room and we have already purchased the tiles. Now that I have pulled up the old carpeting, I have found the concrete slab floor is uneven, with gradual rises and dips that vary as much as 1"-2" from high to low points. The floor seems to be roughly "bowl shaped" with the highest points around the edges. The room is 15 x 21. What is the best way to level out an uneven floor?<HR>

Go to this site www.askthetileman.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: