drilled holes in ceramic tile

Old 11-05-00, 05:37 PM
Visiting Guest
After taking out the old vanity and side closet that were installed on top of the tile in the bathroom, there are rather big holes in some places (1/2 inch diameter); a couple on the floor and some on the walls. How do I fill these holes or do you replace the single tile effected?

Old 11-06-00, 04:21 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi Amy;
You want to replace those tiles. (otherwise you will have ugly filled 1/2" holes in your tile)let us know what size the tiles are and how wide the grout joints are.
Then we can recommend the proper way to remove and replace them. Come back and post!
Good Luck

Rich Gately (Tileman1)
www.gatelytilecompany.homestead.com

Old 11-06-00, 11:26 AM
Visiting Guest
They are the standard bathroom 1960 41/4 tile with 1/8 grout.

quote:<HR>Originally posted by tileman1:
Hi Amy;
You want to replace those tiles. (otherwise you will have ugly filled 1/2" holes in your tile)let us know what size the tiles are and how wide the grout joints are.
Then we can recommend the proper way to remove and replace them. Come back and post!
Good Luck

Rich Gately (Tileman1)
<HR>

Old 11-07-00, 04:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi Amy;
I am going to make this easy on myself rather than typing it all out again.
There is a post about halfway down the page Authored by Missy M called "One tile removal" there is a reply by Mr. John Bridge that tells exactly how to remove 4 1/4 Tile. Follow those directions exactly and go slow and you should have NO PROBLEMS!
Good luck and Regards
Rich Gately (tileman1)

Old 11-10-00, 11:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Thanks! I will begin taking them out and replacing right away. I know you recommended in another posting that I not paint the tiles BUT if I choose to do so, what would your procedural methods be and with what?

Old 11-10-00, 02:12 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amy,

There is a guy in Dallas who, before he got into the tile business, was a painter. His name is Sonnie Layne, and he is a worse blabber mouth than I am. Send him an email, and he'll send you several paragraphs on how to paint your tiles. Tell him I sent you, and he'll send you a whole chapter.

slayne@ticnet.com

John Bridge

Old 11-10-00, 04:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

quote:<HR>Originally posted by John Bridge:
Amy,

There is a guy in Dallas who, before he got into the tile business, was a painter. His name is Sonnie Layne, and he is a worse blabber mouth than I am. Send him an email, and he'll send you several paragraphs on how to paint your tiles. Tell him I sent you, and he'll send you a whole chapter.

slayne@ticnet.com

John Bridge
<HR>

Thanks for the info and I will let you know the outcome!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: