Broken Tile Countertops!!

Old 11-22-00, 11:44 AM
kld
Visiting Guest
I'd like to do something to my cheap kitchen countertops that are beginning to look shabby. The kitchen is generally a formal style with white cabinets. I've seen things done with broken ceramic tile.....anyone know of such a project and how to attempt that??

Old 11-23-00, 03:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi kld;
Yes it can be done, and if done correctly it looks good but, there are things to take into consideration. One is It takes twice the time and patience that installing full tile would take. You need to fit them so that your grout joints aren't 2" wide in places and 1/16th" in others. Also you have super sharp edges and points to deal with.You really should "ease" every piece with a stone or something to take that razor edge off. And the last thing is, don't spread too much adhesive at a time 'cause it will be slow going. If you take your time and fit them like a pro I think you may really like it. (lay them out dry first to make sure its what you want)
Regards and Good Luck
Happy Holidays!!
Rich Gately (Tileman1) www.gatelytilecompany.homestead.com

Old 11-23-00, 09:00 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think this would be called making little pieces out of big pieces without the aid of a cutter.

John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: