give travertine a nice shine

Old 02-15-10, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
give travertine a nice shine

so i bought the sale stuff at the depot which has no factory finish. i've installed it and sealed it with 511 empragnator (multiple coats) the tile looks great but i would like for it to shine. somebody told me that "25% concrete finish" would do the trick but i'd like to put this before you all before i take an irreversible step.

i am anxious to hear suggestions, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-10, 07:18 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Try the Miracle 511 Seal and Enhance, as its made to do what you want. You should call miracle to see if you have to strip the 511 impregnator first, and how to do so.

Miracle Sealants Company

Old 02-16-10, 09:47 AM
approval of the seal?

yeah, the seal and enhance is what i was origionally going to use but i was reading the fine print on it and saw that it changes the character of the stone. i would like to have the floor polished but not the shower as that would make it slippery and dangerous. i dont want to change the color of the floor with the sealer/enhancer so dramatically that it is obvious next to the threshold and shower floor.

have you used this chemical, or seen it in action?

Old 02-16-10, 10:03 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
have you used this chemical, or seen it in action?
25% concrete finish
If you are talking about this product, no. If you are talking about the Miracle 511 Seal and Enhance, yes I have. It generally darkens a little and gives a little shine. It wont make the floor slippery in my experience. You mention the shower floor. I am assuming that you used small enough tile to conform to the sloped floor and as such there's alot of grout surface. If thats the case, the floor wont be slippery.

Its likely that you will have to remove the existing sealer before applying something else, as I mentioned previously.

Old 02-16-10, 12:30 PM
yes, i used smaller tiles in the shower to comform to the slope.

thanks for the advice! next stop miracle's website.