Glass Mosaic Tile Bathroom Walls

Old 03-08-10, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glass Mosaic Tile Bathroom Walls

I wanted to install glass mosaic tiles on the walls of one of my bathrooms and being a novice I wanted to understand if I need to dissemble the toilet and sink before laying the tile, or can I install around the piping? In addition, do I need to remove the baseboards as well (a video I watched online they did so)? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-10, 03:22 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Need a little more info here.

What kind of sink are we talking about? Will the tile be installed on the wall behind the toilet tank? Is the water lead for the toilet coming out of the wall you will be tiling? You ask about the baseboard. I assume you will be starting at the floor and working your way up, yes, and thus there will be no baseboard on the walls when you are done? Will you be installing this tile in wet areas, like tub or shower surrounds?

Old 03-08-10, 03:39 PM
Sorry, this is a first floor bathroom without a shower/tub. We currently have baseboards that I'd like to keep, I just wasn't sure if I had remove them, install the tile down to the hardwood floors, then reattach them over the tile (didn't think so). I have a Pedestal Sink, which I was a little nervous to remove and would much prefer to tile around the sink and pipes. The toilet, I'm fairly comfortable I can remove the water tank and tile behind the toilet seat and pipes. I"m hoping this is suffient information. It seemed like a pretty innocent project, but the devil is always in the detail! Thanks.

Old 03-08-10, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you'll be keeping the base molding, you can leave it in place. There is no real good way to attach base molding over tile afterwards.

You should remove the toilet and sink, tile the walls, then reinstall the toilet and sink. Thats the way its normally done. The pedastal sink won't look good with the tile cut around it.

Old 03-08-10, 06:26 PM
Is the pedastil sink difficult to remove?