bath surround

Old 08-15-10, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bath surround

I am currently tiling around my bath tub. There is a window in the middle of the wall and i want to finish the window reveals with 6X2 bullnose tiles. I am having lots of trouble mitering the internal corners. I only have a small table saw and have already wasted about 15 tiles trying to get it right.
Doe's anyone know if they make an internal corner or do you think a place like Lowes will be able to miter them for me?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-10, 11:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What seems to be the problem? The measuring or the actual cut? Could you make a job so your tile is stationary while making the cut?

We were not allowed to cut customers tile when I worked at HD for liability reasons, and i figure Lowes would be the same.

Old 08-16-10, 04:42 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Just want to clarify one thing. You are using a "table saw" for these cuts???? surely you are using a water cooled tile table saw for them.

Old 08-16-10, 02:02 PM
Yes I'm using a wet saw. I can't seem to get a square cut. The measuring doesn't matter so much because it doesn't work out to full tiles.

Old 08-16-10, 08:42 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Does your table slide or are you sliding the work through the blade? If the latter, are you using the slide in the groove to help carry it through at a proper angle? If you are cutting the narrow part of a bullnose, don't use the fence. Use the miter slide. The fence will bind up on you and break the tile.