For ceramic tile under kitchen cabinets?

Old 08-30-10, 08:17 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For ceramic tile under kitchen cabinets?

if I don't want to "drag" the cabinets out of the kitchen, is there another way to maybe cut the tile? I can't imagine removing the cabinets to remove the tile....isn't there another way? Please??

Thanks, Christy in SC

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-10, 03:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Christy: You don't have to remove the cabinets to install tile, BUT determine the height of the dishwasher cubicle to make sure it will fit back in once the tile is in place. Quite often that space is limited, because you do want to have tile under it. If you don't tile under there, the dishwasher won't come out once you decide to repair or exchange it.
Let us know if you have questions as you go along.

Old 09-02-10, 06:27 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I should have made myself clear on the tile....

I have existing Ceramic tile....I want to remove the ceramic tile, but don't want to drag the kitchen cabinets out (there is tile under the cabinets)....it there a way to cut the tile at the base? Or another way to deal with the tile under the cabinets? I am going to remove the thin set mortar and lay something else down.

Does that make sense?

Christy in SC

Old 09-02-10, 07:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Unless you have a method of cutting the tile at the edge of the cabinet, you may have to remove the cabinets or at least lift them up somewhat until the edge tile can be removed, cut and replaced as a spacer for the cabinet. Whatever the "something else" is...if it is thinner than your tile, you will have to install shoe molding to cover the edge of the tile. Hope the "something else" isn't linoleum. JK. I'm not a fan of it, and would prefer to replace the ceramic with ceramic. But you have your reasons.