porcelain tiles, curing times and heavy furniture?

Old 02-08-11, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question porcelain tiles, curing times and heavy furniture?

I'm putting porcelain tiles down on a concrete floor. Have to do one side at a time, moving a heavy pool table each time. Any ideas on how to best avoid any damage to the new tiles as I move the table back on to them. Extended cure times? Table legs are on small wheels now, would nylon slides work better? Any experiences, ideas appreciated? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-11, 01:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 51 Posts
I take it the table cannot leave the room?

I'd grout the next day and just let the whole mess sit for a few days before moving the table onto the new tile

Can the table be lifted instead of rolled? I can see it being too heavy for that

Old 02-08-11, 03:37 PM
has to stay in room

thanks..it has to stay in room...too heavy to lift, last time took 4 men and 4x4s and costs too much to have disassembled/reassembled.

Old 02-09-11, 12:49 PM
Pool tables should not be moved, especially as you describe. The seam patching material in the slate are likely to crack. I believe most table have 3 slabs of slate. It should be dismantled and then re assembled. OK, you already knew that.

So, if you wanna try to move it, I recommend waiting as long as possible after grouting, but place sheets of thick plywood to walk on and under the legs too. A minimum of 4 people, I recommend 6. Good luck.

Jaz