bathroom renovation, broke 2 tiles.

Old 09-20-11, 07:48 AM
bathroom renovation, broke 2 tiles.

Currently remodeling a bathroom in my downstairs, it has a 1980ish tile (white with a bit of beige swashed in it, bust mainly white) and when I was removing the old frame for the shower doors, I didn't use the heat gun long enough to loosen up the glue/loctite/the guy who owned this house was crazy about overdoing everything and broke a few chunks out of the tile, not the whole piece but a big enough chunk you can't miss.

It of course has to be the tile pieces you see in the most obvious place, I have contemplated cutting out a piece in a corner that nobody sees to replace that one, however I would prefer to buy matching tiles. Any suggestions on where to go?

The previous owner does not recall the tile company, and there are no markings on the pieces I took down. Does anybody know any other way around having to re-tile my entire bathroom. (that $1,000 was not planned for, and is not gonna be spent as this is already over priced with the new flooring/cabinets/hardware/shower doors etc.)

I thought about doing 'decorative' pieces strew throughout the shower, but I am not a huge fan of that, and I think it looks tacky especially since I am keeping the not so bad 80's white/brownish tile.

I have pictures I can e-mail of the tile to anyone willing to help! THANKS to anyone who is able to help me!

Erik

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-11, 01:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Old 09-21-11, 08:28 AM
Group Moderator
Finding tile months later can be difficult and you're talking decades so I think the likelihood of you replacing this tile with an identical match is low.