Help I'm desperate!

Old 01-08-12, 01:41 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help I'm desperate!

I am looking for some discontinued floor tile. I have had no luck what's so ever. The tile was discontinued about 5 or 6 years ago Yes I know it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack Those odds may be better then this. This is what I'm looking for.

Ilva tile the model is Grecia Mikonos it's a 14X14 it's a brown/beige color. If anyone know any play at all where I can find a few boxes of it I would be grateful! I have a damaged floor that needs some patch work in my kitchen I don't want to replace the whole floor due to some damaged tiles!

Thank for reading and thank you in advance if you know of any place to try to look for this......

Todd

Old 01-08-12, 02:35 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Posting a picture would be helpful since many might not know the name but they might recall seeing it somewhere.

Old 01-08-12, 02:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Have you called any local tile distributors or tile shops?

Old 01-08-12, 04:17 PM
A
I looked the name up and seen the company is still in buisness. 4-5 years is not to long to have a color run, so you still might find it. Trouble is that this company is located in Argentina, and I know some suppliers here will buy a container of it, then when its gone, they don't get more because it was a special price. On the other hand, you could, if it works out, repair the area with a tile insert design with another kind of tile, maybe a border with a diagonal design...just throwing ideas out there... If your tile were damaged by bad underlayment or movement, then that issue has to be resolved

Old 01-08-12, 04:22 PM
T
Question

]Yes I tried the all the distributors around town here (Buffalo NY) including where I bought it from their supply dried up they checked all their warehouses none to be found.. How do you attach and image? It just has a Hot link for the "image" I can't even find an image of it on the net which doesn't bode well either.. I contacted the manufacture and they were no help at all other then we no longer make that model! The tile is broken from My son dropping a maple top bar stool on it a few times. Thanks for the replies thus far.... If I could get my hands 1 or 2 boxes That would be fantastic but I can't even find a single tile anywhere. . . . . . . . .

Last edited by tcpuccio1; 01-08-12 at 04:33 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-08-12, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
Try posting on Ebay and Craigslist "Looking for" section. Maybe someone has a box laying around. You never know.
Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: