Tile no longer available?

Old 06-06-12, 10:08 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile no longer available?

In 2008, we replaced our carpet & linoleum with wood laminate & ceramic tile. We are now adding on to our house, part of which is an extension of the breakfast room, in which we had put tile. Ideally, we'd like to continue the same tile in the new part of the room.Unfortunately, I can't find that tile. The tile was Lenox Rojo, 18" sq porcelain tile, made by Casa Ceramic (I believe). We bought it from iFloor, which at the time had a physical location near us. They've since become a new company that does not sell tile at all. We could go a different route with the floor, but I am really hoping I can find some of this tile. It looks great and will look much better to have the kitchen & breakfast room all done with that tile, rather than make the breakfast room something different (if we have to, we'll probably use the wood laminate we used in the living room). Anyone have any ideas for how to find this tile or for any other options for the new floor?

Old 06-06-12, 02:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I wish you luck in your search, but even if you did find the tile in the color you want, the dye lot would not be the same, and there would definitely be a difference from room to room. How big an area is the existing room with tile? Would it be insurmountable for you to replace the tile in that area and carry it forward to the new part? OK, OK, don't yell!! It was just an idea. Others will chime in with different ideas, hopefully one that will work.

Old 06-07-12, 07:32 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
This can be a nightmare, I doubt you're going to find your tile. Best bet, IMO, is to look for something complementary to it or, as Chandler suggested, replace the existing tile while you're at it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: