Tile Base / Trim

Old 08-14-12, 01:22 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile Base / Trim

I am going to use the 3" tile pieces as trim. What is the best way to put this on the wall? I have heard of using mortar and someone else told me they used liquid nails

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-12, 01:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Are you using bull nose pieces as trim? If not how will you address the flat surface on top? What is your wall made of? Sheetrock, tile, wood? Do you have a tile floor? You can use mastic to adhere the tile to the surface. Just butter the back of each tile and put it in place. I'll wait on answers for more definitive advice.

Old 08-15-12, 06:46 PM
Z
I will be buying the trim pieces from the store - they are precut/rounded. I know they are expensive, but that will save me from cutting, etc. It is not a very big room either.

My wall is sheetrock. What do you mean when you say "mastic"? Are you talking the thinset I am using on the floor or something like liquid nails, etc?

Old 08-15-12, 09:14 PM
A
thinset is ok to use over drywall. if you have some left over from the floor, you can use that. altho you might get some slippage till it dries, you can use shims made from cardboard, toothpicks or whatever you need for spacing