Tile to Carpet transition

Old 08-25-12, 03:28 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile to Carpet transition

I just finished laying tile and now have 4 tile to carpet transitions. Tile and carpet are both already installed.

My problem is that I have a tight weave/low pile carpet and the edge of the tile is exposed and I now need to add in a transition strip/edge protection after the tile is down. Any suggestions?

• I don't want to do the wide strip over top of both if possible and would prefer a finish that is similar to one if I had been smart enough to have set one in the thin set below the tile when I did the tile job. I like the look of the strip that hugs the edge of the tile and is about 1/4 inch wide.

Thanks for any help,

Opie

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-12, 03:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Did you leave a space between the tile and the carpet edges? Can you post a picture of one or more of the transitions you have? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html
I usually make my own transitions, as I hate those in the store. They assume too much. There may be a way to do it, depending on the condition of the edge of your tile and the height of the adjoining carpet.