unpolished black marble shower floor turning white ...

Old 09-16-12, 02:55 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
unpolished black marble shower floor turning white ...

I am perplexed about our new shower floor. This is a new install of eleganza tile (impressions) unpolished marble mosaic. The floor has been sealed and enhanced with a very good product (aquamix pro enhance & seal). This whitening started after the first time we used the shower. The rest of the floor looks great but around the edges there is a white cast. I am not sure what I can do to clean it without removing the sealer/enhancer. Any advice on how to fix it and what caused it would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-12, 09:35 AM
A
I'll try to answer this. I see 3 possibilities, soap scum discoloring the grout, the sealer has trapped the salts from the cement from washing out, It looks like the kerdi shower system was used because of the type of drain, if so, the installer might have used modified thinset to set the tile. In that case, the polymers might be bleeding out and causing the discoloring, since its mostly around the tile walls, it could be a grout problem too. I would call Aqua mix, talk to a rep about the discoloration and the area it was used in. I have seen sealers discolor this way if improperly applied, or used wrong...the tech can answer that.

Old 09-17-12, 07:47 PM
J
Originally Posted by a tile guy
It looks like the kerdi shower system was used because of the type of drain,
That is not a Kerdi drain. If the Kerdi system had been used, there would not be this problem. I agree with the other points.

Jaz