Scratched tile

Old 01-02-13, 02:52 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Scratched tile

The contractor just left after installing 16 x 16 Noce tile in the kitchen/dining room/laundry room.

They moved the fridge and stove before they left and while I heard them sanding on something I didn't pay any attention. The floor is still dusty looking and I had planned on mopping and sealing it Saturday but when I went in and looked, they had used sandpaper to try to sand out scratches left when they drug the appliances across the floor.

I'm going to call him, I'm waiting for my husband to get home from work to get a second set of eyes on it and make sure I'm not imaging things. But I was wondering, before I go into full on panic mode, is there anyway to get scratches out of Noce stone?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-13, 04:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! NOPE, hit panic button!! They should replace any tile they damaged. I do believe that is what you paid for, and hopefully not all at once.

Old 01-02-13, 05:34 PM
F
We called him. He said after I put the sealer on Saturday they wouldn't show. They aren't huge gouges, just scratches and lighter spots in some areas. He assured us if the sealer didn't work he would come out and fix/replace them.

Thanks!

Old 01-02-13, 05:37 PM
F
Forgot to say, thank you for the welcome! We've been working on remodeling from one end of the house to the other and I found these forums today during my minor melt down. I can't believe the wealth of information here and look forward to reading more!

Felicia

Old 01-02-13, 07:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Hope we were of some help. Don't be a stranger, and let us know how the sealer works and how the tile guys work with you.