Damaged glazed ceramic tile due to bleach

Old 08-11-13, 04:46 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Damaged glazed ceramic tile due to bleach

Hi,

My glazed ceramic tile is damaged/lost its gloss due to concentrated bleach used. It now has some non glossy patches on some parts of the ceramic tiles.

Is there a quick fix? I am thinking of using ceramic tile sealants or even some waxing to bring back the gloss.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-13, 07:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Not sure what your location is since your profile is lacking that information, but I have never heard of tile losing their luster due to bleach use. You may have had a steel wool, Scotchbrite scraping take place that may tend to alter the bright surface, but not just bleach. The gloss is fired into the ceramic/porcelain during manufacture, so restoring it may not be a DIY project.

Old 08-30-13, 09:30 AM
T
I maybe up the same creek with out a paddle. I thought that I was removing hard water spots only to discover that with each attempt it was getting worse. my beautiful dark colored tile shower is loosing it's beauty. It sounds like I may need to have some professional help to revive the look. What does this process look like and how do I know that I'm getting the right advise?

Old 08-30-13, 01:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Likewise, what did you use to clean the tile? What kind of tile is it? Porcelain, marble, ceramic??

Old 06-09-14, 04:33 AM
I'm up the same creek in Oz

Smiles from Canberra in Oz,
I've had the exact same problem. Cleaned black coloured tiles with Easy Off Bam and yep - BAM they have been bleached with white patches. Friends believe that the tiles may not have been sealed as I'm renting this beautiful unit and take huge pride in being spotless clean and tidy, I was horrified at what has happened and soooooo prefer to fix then report it to the Real Estate Agent as I cannot explain why an "off the shelf" product has turned the tiles a streaky white where the product was sprayed and left to about one minute.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 6977
Size:  42.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 6977
Size:  42.5 KB