Garage floor advice

Old 12-16-13, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage floor advice

Hi all -

I have been researching this for days and I think I am better to seek out some advice.

I have an attached garage that I would like to use as a music room. Although I don't own a car, I want to retain some of the storage space and possibility of car storage in the future. So, this means putting in an insulated garage door and insulated the walls.

My real question comes to the floor. What sort of solution would people recommend for covering the 12' x 20' concrete slab floor? I would like the floor to be insulated, yet durable enough for a car to enter the garage. Right now what stands out to me is the dricore product, but I'm not sure if there is a possible finish floor solution that would work for cars and casual use.

Would love some opinions on this !

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-13, 12:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Dricore is not made for floors.
To late to insulate a slab floor now, it should have been done under the floor before the slab was pored. There is ways to insulate it but not if your going to want to drive a car over it.

Old 12-16-13, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that dricore isn't suitable as a floor that could support car traffic in a garage? Even with a polyurethane coat?

Just trying to make sense of all this. Thanks again!