Please help! I need to identify this tile!

Old 01-17-14, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Please help! I need to identify this tile!

Hi everyone,

My husband and I bought a house about a year ago with a beautifully renovated bathroom. We discovered shortly after purchasing the house that the bathroom shower leaks into our basement when the water is directed at the wall continuously. We believe that the prior owners installed the tiles in the shower part incorrectly (without the proper protection behind the tiles) and we are looking into tearing down that section and fixing it. It doesn't appear to be anything else because we do not get the leak when the shower head is directed away from the tiled wall. We have a few spare tiles that the prior owners left in the basement and we are trying to figure out who makes these tiles. We will hopefully be able to order the exact tile for the replacement.

Can anyone please help me with identifying what company makes these tiles?? I took a few pictures showing the symbol on the back of the tile, along with the words that say "Made in Italy"

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-14, 05:54 PM
Received 118 Votes on 108 Posts
The chances if finding that tile is next to zero. The best you might do it try and remove the old tiles without cracking them, then spend the time to try and clean them and re-use them. Or just re-tile the whole bathroom.

Old 01-17-14, 06:21 PM
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
How about sending us a picture of the shower so we can decifer if it needs to be torn down or not. If it needs to be torn down, take the whole thing down and start fresh with known good practices. I would like overall shower pictures and then closer shots of the corners vertical and horizontal and direction as to where you think the problem is. I'll cross my fingers that we can find a simple solution.

But to your question, take a sample tile to a tile store (not box store) and see if they recognize it.