Thinking about tiling advice please

Old 03-23-14, 05:01 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thinking about tiling advice please

I am pretty handy, as is my dad (grandfather built houses) but none of us received the artistic/decorating gene. I am going to include pictures of my kitchen could some of you lend your expertise in design. I am a mid 30s male and wouldn't mind something more modern but open to anything that looks nice. Also might tile the backsplash too. If so should/must i replace the countertops?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-14, 06:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I should think the vinyl could be done in an earthtone 12x12 ceramic tile. The backsplash will add much to the room, BUT don't do it until you decide on your countertops. Formica is OK at best, and if yours isn't broken it doesn't need fixing. You don't have a large amount of real estate to cover, so you may not have too large an investment in a quality stone countertop should you decided to go that way. THEN do the backsplash to either blend or accent the countertop and cabinets. "Modern" isn't a color, so I'm not sure whether you would be satisfied with a black granite countertop or with a white silestone, or something in between. From there you can work with the backsplash color and style, either in 2x2 squares or glass tile.

Old 03-23-14, 06:16 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am really looking for color ideas. So assuming I don't replace the countertops. Thanks

Old 03-24-14, 03:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
A floor tile with a slightly darker grout like this TrafficMASTER, 12 in. x 12 in. Orizzonti Sunset Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile, UA48 at The Home Depot - Tablet

And a backsplash like this Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair

Remembering YoU have to like it, so go looking.