Ceramic Tiles and SubFloor

Old 06-11-14, 08:06 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ceramic Tiles and SubFloor

Hi,

Thanks for a very informative forum. I am about to install my tile (ceramic or porcelain) in my powder room and kitchen.

Our home was built in 1999 (about 15 years old); we are located in Cherry Hill, NJ. And we just bought the house about a month ago, so I hope to finish the job before we move in around the end of June.

I ripped off the linoleum / vinyl on the existing plywood subfloor. But as the pictures below show, the vinyl left some sticky residue on the floor, and I am not sure how to remove it. So my first question is what can I use to remove the sticky vinyl residue? Is it advisable to use vinyl adhesive removers? How clean does it have to be - until I see most of the grain of the naked/bare plywood?

I plan to install some 1/4 inch hardi-boards on the subfloor before installing the tiles. Do need to beef up the SubFloor with a luan before installing the hardi-boards?

I've included some pictures of the current floor, including the joists, taken from the basement ceiling for your review.

I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks very much - Oyiwaa

Attached Images      
Old 06-12-14, 02:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good homework!! One question. What is the spacing od your trusses? Center to center. 24" or 19.2"?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: