Bathroom/shower tile advice

Old 07-22-14, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom/shower tile advice

I'm planning on doing tile in the bedroom and have decided to re-do the tile through the bathroom to match. The project has progressed to tiling the front of the tub, changing out the shower pan for a tiled shower pan, and possibly re-doing the tile in the shower/around the tub. So, for the question. The better half likes the look of floor to ceiling tile, but the way the bathroom is designed we're not sure how to do it with the walls and have it look right. Unlike all the photos we're seeing, our shower and tub shares walls with the rest of the room. I'm not sure how or if we can do floor to ceiling tile without it looking dumb. Any advice, ideas and especially pictures of anyone the has dealt with a similar situation would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Images      
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-14, 12:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'll have to say, in a chopped up bathroom like that (very pretty, just busy), the floor to ceiling design would really be busier than normal. I would opt for a chair rail type ending with bullnose on top, and continue with paint above. You will tire of the tile and can change the paint, but the tile is there for a while.

Old 07-22-14, 03:08 PM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
I have to disagree with Chandler on this one. I think the chair type rail would only add to the chopped up design, where as the full tile blends in without interruption. However, what you could do is add a strip of accent tile about 3/4 of the way up. Similar to what I did. See the pics in the following remodel towards the last 1/4 section of pictures.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C4A58...703C56D6F!2510