Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Wall and Flooring Indoor Tiling
Reload this Page >

Apply liquid water proofing/crack resistant membrane over entire bathroom floor?

Apply liquid water proofing/crack resistant membrane over entire bathroom floor?

Old 02-08-15, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I've put down the backer board in preparation for tiling my bathroom floor and am now wondering if it would be a good idea to paint waterproofing membrane (like redguard or hydra ban) on top of the backer board before I lay the floor tiles. I don't expect much water on the bathroom floor but thought the crack resistant properties advertised for these products might be a good thing. I know the membrane won't make up for proper installation of subfloor and backer board (which I've tried to accomplish) but thought it might be a little helpful. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

Bindy

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-15, 06:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There's no need for it.
Did you use thin set under the tile board?

Old 02-08-15, 06:39 PM
Yes - I did use the thin set under the backers

Old 02-08-15, 09:09 PM
Bindy,

You've started another thread on what appears to be the same project as the other thread. Have you changed your strategy? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/wa...-tile-tub.html
It's best to keep all questions in the same thread, otherwise no one will know what's been asked and answered.

Jaz