Remove grout sealer!

Old 03-16-15, 01:59 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove grout sealer!

I mistakenly allowed a contractor to apply grout sealer to an entire tile floor. He did not remove the sealer on the tile before it dried. Now I have spots where it has worn off (under bath rugs and in front of toilet). Does anyone know of anything I can get to remove the remaining sealer from the tile without damaging it?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-15, 05:00 PM
J
See if this suits your needs. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover | Custom Building Products

But before you try the above, try wiping some of the old sealer on the tiles, leave a few minutes, then wipe off with towel. The new application should soften the old and hopefully remove it.

Jaz

Old 05-04-15, 10:33 AM
D
Cool How to remove grout sealer from ceramic tile

Jaz, thanks for this tip. I bought the cleaner right after you sent the info; but, my wife would not let me use it until the weather got warm and the windows open. Finally, that has happened and I used the cleaner. It worked great! I was able to remove the sealer on the tile with just a bit of a learning curve. Thanks again for your help!

DougR70

Old 05-04-15, 04:11 PM
J
Great, glad it worked and problem solved. Thanks for letting us know cuz sometimes people forget to do that and it's nice you did.

Jaz