Matching Caulk for Fusion pro

Old 04-19-15, 01:00 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Matching Caulk for Fusion pro

I am going to be using fusion pro grout for my bathroom floor and then the shower walls. I wanted to get a matching caulk for the change planes at the corners and where the tiles meet the preformed acrylic shower pan. The Polyblend Caulk that custom maked does not list fusion pro as a matching grout. Has anyone used the Polyblend caulk with fusion pro and had it match? If so, was it the caulk for sanded or non-sanded grout?

Old 04-19-15, 01:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Polyblend caulk is only meant to be very close to a match. It is doubtful you will find an exact match in a sanded grout caulk.

Old 04-19-15, 01:57 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Please resist using a pre-mixed grout and go with a grout that is mixed from a powder. The pre-mixes that can stay "unset" in a plastic pail for years is not something I would rely on in a wet location such as a shower. Use a powder grout, a small pail, and a wooden paint mixer to mix up your grout for your shower. Nothing can be simpler or easier to do than mix your own grout. You should have no problem finding a matching caulk with the powdered variety.

Old 04-19-15, 02:06 PM
W
I didn't mind mixing my own grout, I just have heard good things about the fusion pro. Such as color uniformity, waterproof, and lasts a long time. i planned to stay away from premixed but it seemed like people were saying it was actually a good premixed.

Old 04-19-15, 02:11 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
I just have heard good things about the fusion pro
From who? I would not get anywhere near something pre-mixed. I care, I am a professional and would recommend against. Properly seal your mixed from a powder grout and you will be fine. Mix just wet enough to get uniform consistency. Don't over wet.

Old 04-19-15, 04:46 PM
W
Just been browsing through the different forums to try and get a general consensus. I did do a search specifically for showers and fusion pro and I found a few reviews that suggested it was good for normal floors but not showers. I debated back and forth when I picked it up, went ahead and went back and got the Polyblend.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: