Backsplash grout help...

Old 07-27-15, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Backsplash grout help...

Hello, so I recently installed a tile backsplash using mosaic 3/4" (or so) modwall tiles and yesterday grouted with starglass urethane grout. Almost everything turned out great. The one place where i have an issue is the bottom-most groutline where it meets the countertop (according to the starglass folks their urethane grout can be used at plane transitions instead of caulking). I laid down painter's tape to protect the countertop surface, and of course some of the grout overlapped, so when I pulled the tape the line at the countertop became a bit ragged. Is there anything I can do to smooth that line (thinking about it today, I probably should have pulled the tape earlier and smoothed it with the sponge...maybe). Can I just sand it down? Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-15, 10:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Would careful 'scraping' with a putty knife straighten out the line? Not sure I would trust grout even if the label says it's ok, might be better to remove some of the grout and caulk.

pics could alter our advice - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html