Shower Door Sweep Help!

Old 08-20-15, 01:25 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shower Door Sweep Help!

I just installed a new shower glass swinging door that is 5/8 inch from the tile or (.625) I need to know the correct shower door sweep to buy (preferably on amazon or I can get local).

I bought this one fro Home Depot but its too short and when snapped on doesn't reach the tile however snaps on the glass fine (so that's a good measurement).

Prime-Line 3/8 in. Glass Door Bottom Seal with Clear 36 in. Fits Frameless Door-M 6258 - The Home Depot

Do they make one that is perfect? Or do I need to get a longer one and cut it myself?

Old 08-21-15, 02:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
The one you have pictured is a diverter. I doubt you will find a "seal" for a shower door. The one you have should take care of splashes well as it directs the errant water back into the shower rather than letting it go outside. If you had a true "seal" type it would rub and eventually become useless. Since you have this one and it snaps on the glass, why not try it short term to see if it meets your criteria.

Old 08-21-15, 05:12 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
What type of shower door do you have? Most off the shelf doors come with a metal threshold that sits on the curb and is sloped back toward the shower. Therefore a seal is not needed per sea, but a diverter as you previously linked. Is it possible that the door was installed incorrectly and is too set to high relative to the curb?

Old 08-21-15, 07:06 AM
C
Yes the diverter is what I need. The issue is that the bottom of the diverter which is supposed to touch the tile does not because it's too short. I need the same product but longer.

Old 08-21-15, 07:09 AM
C
That is a possibility the door was set too high & yes all I should need is a diverter. The one linked is too short & doesn't reach the tile/curb once snapped onto the glass. Where can I find a longer one? And how long do I need without it tearing it up?

My shower door was originally set too low & I tore through 3 diverters in 3 months.

Old 08-21-15, 03:22 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I think at this point it just is a matter of searching until you find one that will work. A quick search turned up this large gap seal from ebay - DS9371 1 Large Gap 5 16" Glass Shower Door Sweep Wipe Seal 32" Long Free Valore | eBay

If easily adjustable, then repositioning the door will make the local option sweep more cost effective and readily available to trade out should it show wear again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: