Easy Hammer Cart for flooring demo

Old 09-15-15, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Easy Hammer Cart for flooring demo

I did a little search and didn't come across any information on this:

Has anyone ever used one of these to remove existing tile floor?

Easy Hammer Cart

In theory it looks like a real easy way to get existing tile up but it also looks like it may be overkill. I'm not sure if it would end up digging into the subflooring or what but I would assume they have a "bit" for it that reduces the risk of that. Has anyone ever used one before? Opinions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-15, 03:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You may get better results and more control if you just use an SDS hammer drill in "hammer" mode with tile removal bits. Smaller, and not as expensive. Bosch Bulldog Extreme 1 in. Rotary Hammer-11255VSR - The Home Depot and Bosch SDS Max Tile Chisel-HS1915 - The Home Depot

Old 09-15-15, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Haven't used one like that but have rented a machine like this several times: PRO Floor Stripper

Works very well. Occasionally gouges plywood subfloor if you have to run it across the grain, but makes a tough job almost fun. On concrete it works like a dream.

It's kind of like a giant version of oscillating multitool. The blade moves in a slight but fast side to side movement and the blade just slides under tile or sheet flooring, whatever. They have a wide blade for use on wood subfloors and a narrower blade for concrete or mud.

Old 09-15-15, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You may get better results and more control if you just use an SDS hammer drill in "hammer" mode with tile removal bits. Smaller, and not as expensive. Bosch Bulldog Extreme 1 in. Rotary Hammer-11255VSR - The Home Depot and Bosch SDS Max Tile Chisel-HS1915 - The Home Depot
Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't buy it. But for $60/day you can rent it from home depot and if it works well it would possibly make removing tile a breeze.

If I do eventually get around to attempting a kitchen floor replacement (just brainstorming right now) in our kitchen, I'll probably knock a tile out and see what sort of subfloor is beneath it and try to decide the best approach from there. But if it's nothing out of the ordinary, I'm thinking trying this thing out and seeing how it goes.