Granite tile sealer

Old 09-24-15, 08:23 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Granite tile sealer

Our bathroom floor and shower is black granite tile. These white streaks started forming where we used some chemicals to clean (I donít know what). I read on the internet that if it disappears when you put water on it, it actually just stained the sealer and the granite should be okay. It suggested that I clean the coating and re-seal and the streaks should go away. Can someone with more experience validate this hypothesis and also any good resources on the internet to learn how to do this? I can send pictures if needed. Complete newbie hereÖ please be patient with me.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-15, 04:14 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I read on the internet that if it disappears when you put water on it, it actually just stained the sealer and the granite should be okay
I agree that the granite should be okay but I have no idea what sealer it stained. Do they mean the factory finish? Don't seal anything yet. Mix some ammonia with water. See if that removes the white streaks.

Old 09-25-15, 08:28 AM
S
Do you know what part ammonia and what part water I should try? I'm ready to try anything... I really do not want to replace all the tiles in the bathroom =*(

Old 09-25-15, 11:30 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Let's say that you used 4 oz of ammonia to a 1/2 quart, of water. That would be 4 parts water to 1 part ammonia. You could try a 2 sided sponge. That way, it's not too abrasive. My guess is that whatever finish is on there now, came from the factory.

If you have time, post some pics.