Run Short on Self Leveling Compound

Old 10-18-15, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Run Short on Self Leveling Compound

I just poured a floor with SLC to embed the wires for a heated tile floor. Unfortunately I ran short on SLC and about 5-7 sqft of floor did not get covered, and as it was 11 PM on a Sunday, I couldn't run out for another bag. It is a section of floor without heating wires in it so I'm not really worried about that, but obviously I need to get that part of the floor brought up to the same level as the rest.

What are my options here? Can I just reprime the floor once it cures and fill in as needed? Is my floor totally screwed? Somewhere in between?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-15, 04:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
What are my options here? Can I just reprime the floor once it cures and fill in as needed?
Yes, follow the manufacturer recommended procedure for multiple pours. You will have to reprime everything including any overlap to previous pour. I always buy extra and return unopened bags. They never seem to go as far as you would like them.

Old 10-19-15, 02:52 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately, I thought I did buy extra and ended up running just short anyway

Old 10-19-15, 08:32 PM
This happens alla time cuz people forget they're using self leveling and not a patching cement. They think they wanna raise the floor " but because the floor is not level, they end up raising part of the floor more. Then they wonder why they ran out.

You need to always buy more unless you know the floor is level, (and not by looking at it).

Jaz