Problem with Floor tiles

Old 04-29-16, 09:18 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with Floor tiles

Does anyone know how to make a rough floor smooth? Problem is that floor tiles are somewhat abrasive and I want to make them smooth as currently as the floor is wiped with a cloth this gets torn Any products that I can use, process I can do or someone that has a solution please?

AND

any solutions for removing stains from gres pocellinato - pietra di noto. This is the same tile as above, it is rough and stains easily? Whit what can I remove roof compound stains from it please?

Thanks
Clyde

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 11:04 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Try to buff the floor with a black pad. If that helps, then move to red & white. For the stains, mix ammonia & water.

Old 04-29-16, 06:15 PM
Received 230 Votes on 205 Posts
I don't think you can smooth that kind of tile. It was made as a rough surface tile and any type of sanding or grinding or even polishing will take away any surface hardness and glaze. Perhaps a floor topping could smooth it out but that would more or less defeat then tile.

Old 05-01-16, 10:20 AM
J
Sorry Clyde, someone selected the wrong type of finish for most indoor uses. I know the type of finish you're talking about, It's more difficult to install, esp. the grouting and cleanup.

However, porcelain isn't gonna stain porcelain as it's very dense and has a very low absorption rate. The texture is holding the "stain", in other words you're not getting the stuff off by your technique. Roof compound ha? How the yeck? A solvent will remove the compound, but it's dangerous to use indoors unless you take proper precautions.

Jaz