question for john bridge

Old 04-16-01, 07:01 PM
Visiting Guest
hi mr. bridge,,i just wanted to tell you how helpfull all of your responses have been and also,you're web site is great!!! ok,,here's my question,,,i'm basically doing my entire condo myself or rather redoing,,step by step piece by piece,,and i want to know,,if i read all the info available,, how well will that prepare me for laying my own tile floor throughout the house?? is this a job that is way way difficult,,or is it just a matter of following directions and using the right products and of course,, subfloor prep..... another question,,, i'm in houston also..:-),,and i'm wondering,,is there some place where i can get overstock tile or maybe overrun's or orders of tile that weren't picked up,,etc,,, so that i can get a great price on qualitiy tile??? my exboyfriend who used to build custom homes in houston suggested daltile,, ( he now lives in san francisco) however,,the daltile location i called does have some end lot tiles ,but only 200-300 square ft..of each type etc.,,,anyway,,sorry to be so longwinded,,i just know that there must be a place that sells overruns or overstock... and well, my favorite thing about doing all this myself is saving alot of money and the excitement from having done it all by myself,, anyway,,any suggestions??? thanks a ton..:-)

laska

Old 04-19-01, 05:59 AM
Visiting Guest
where oh where is mr bridge??

Old 04-19-01, 05:23 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here's Johnny!

You won't find overstocks in ceramic tile. You may find discontinuations, and they will be in smaller lots. Tiles to Go in Houston is a subsidiary of Master Tile. Tiles to Go sells discontinuations, etc.

As far as the necessary expertise is concerned, I firmly believe that most people can do just about everything necessary to completing a good tile job. It's not rocket science. It will take you much longer than it would a pro, so if you're in a hurry, hire a pro. If you have the time, you can do it. There is plenty of good help available here and on other sites. You might want to buy a book. I won't tell you which one to buy.

John :-)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: