tile adhesives

Old 04-19-01, 04:55 PM
Visiting Guest
I just finished replacing the faucet in my shower which I had to cut a 20 by 20 inch section of tile out to do.(no access door). after replacing the cement board and tile and admiring my work,as I was cleanig up and repacing the lid on what was suppossed to be adhesive, I dicovered I did the tiling with grout! after the schock and digust wore off I decided to take a wait and see what happens approach. Please give me best/worst scenarios.
thanks,
Gary

Old 04-19-01, 05:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gary,

I'm inclined to take a wait and see attitude toward this also. The "grout" you used is apparently some sort of latex material (it has a lid, etc.) Maybe it'll do the trick. I certainly wouldn't advise you at this point to tear everything out. Why not forget it for a while and get on to other things? You'll be the first to know if there's a problem, and we can deal with it then.

John :-)

http://www.johnbridge.com

Old 04-20-01, 12:42 PM
Visiting Guest
thanx

John,
THank you for your speedy reply to my problem. The grout used is a premixed from home depot, and so far has seemed to bond nicely. I guess time will tell. I generally like to start a job like that fresh in the morning when my minds fresh, but decided to tackle this one after work and rushing, grabbed the grout instead of adhesive! this is a great site and once again thanks.
Gary

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: