Basement floor unlevel

Old 11-04-16, 11:31 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement floor unlevel

I am in the process of finishing an unfinished area in my basement and have run into a wee bit of a problem. The floor in the basement is extremely unlevel. I first noticed this issue when I was framing my fish room but did not know the full extent until I realized there is at least a 3/4 - 1" gap or more between the frame and the floor joists near the middle of the room. I have head it is not uncommon for the floor to be unlevel but the area leads to the finished part of my basement and I want to put tile and a new french door to separate the two areas. Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-05-16, 12:53 AM
Received 533 Votes on 493 Posts
That seems a little excessive but I would agree a basement floor will probably not be perfectly level.

A floor that is going to be covered (wood, tile) all have some requirements for levelness.

Typ this can be resolved by using leveling compounds which are poured onto the floor to fill the low spots.

Old 11-06-16, 04:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
You are getting level and flat confused. For flooring, it is best if a floor is flat but does not matter if it is level.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: