Laminate flooring on the wall - small gap on top

Old 03-28-17, 09:39 AM
Laminate flooring on the wall - small gap on top

Name:  Wall 2.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  24.3 KBName:  Wall full left.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  29.5 KB

Hi - I'm not sure if these photos attached properly. This weekend I put up a laminate flooring on one wall of my daughter's room - it's white wash, to look like a beach house & we're actually really happy with how it came out (see attached). I still need to put up quarter rounds on the sides, but the bigger problem is I have a <1" gap at the top, which is bigger on one side due to the ceiling being bowed (attached close-up photo). I don't think it will look good to cut a narrow strip and stuff it in there & I probably don't have enough material anyway. Does anyone have any creative ideas for what I can do with this? I don't have any.

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-17, 11:29 AM
I recall when you inquired about this and I was wondering how it would attach with the weight of the laminate.

How did you install?

The fix I was thinking would be a larger board, like a 1x3, across the top but that would mean the cove molding would have to come off and could then be installed in front against the ceiling.

Old 03-28-17, 04:23 PM
Thanks Marq1

Thanks for the idea - I think I can make it work.

The laminate boards are really not that heavy. I applied silicone to the back of each plank and glued them on, with a few finishing nails across the top groove. Every once in a while one of the planks would look like it's buckling a bit so I put a nail right through it. You can't even notice. Easy job... except for the extra one inch across the top!

Old 03-29-17, 03:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not ideal but if you painted the top portion of the wall to match the cove molding it won't draw as much attention to the fact the flooring doesn't reach the ceiling.